About the University
The Uttaranchal University has been recognized by UGC under section 2(f) and 12 (B) of the UGC Act, 1956 and other statutory bodies of the State and the Nation. The University has been accredited with the prestigious “A+ Grade” by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). Uttaranchal University has become the first private University in the State of Uttarakhand to receive NAAC A+ Grade in the first cycle of Accreditation and this firmly positions us among the top 5% HEIs of the nation.
To be a world-class university through continuous innovations in education, research, creativity, and entrepreneurship with an aim to have a transformative impact on society.
- To provide an educational environment where students can realize their full potential in their chosen discipline and attain quality education to face the challenges of the future.
- To implement a variety of high-quality programs at undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral levels for all specializations and disciplines.
- To establish a dynamic, challenging, and ethical environment for high-quality teaching and learning process, research and development with holistic approach.
- To disseminate the knowledge and process for interaction and collaboration with the global community to transform the lives of people through innovation and excellence in higher education.
- To assimilate the usage of technology in teaching pedagogy and extend the educational opportunity for practicing professionals in Uttarakhand at the national and the international level.
- To serve the country and human community at large academically, technically, professionally, and culturally with a sound human resource.
- To create centers of excellence for providing knowledge, education, training and research facilities of high order in the field of science, engineering, professional education, law and legal studies, dental, medical, paramedical, physiotherapy, pharmacy, commerce, management, education, humanities and other related professional education as per its current status and such other manner as may develop in future, including continuing education and distance learning.
- To impart knowledge and training in various fields at the undergraduate, post graduate and doctoral levels contributing to the development of the state and the nation at large besides facilitating the residents of Uttarakhand State for employability in the region so as to reduce flux of migration.
- Engage students in learning partnerships with faculty and the community as well as engage faculty and students in professionally related service to the university, the community and the society at large.